AR Amplified Media is an online radio that actively promotes democracy and development in Nigeria, Africa and the World at large. Our vision is run a world class Pan African online talk and music station where voices make a huge difference in modern day democracy.
AR Media is recruiting qualified persons to fill key positions at the Amplified Road Station.
Job Title: On Air Personality
Duration: Full Time
- The On-Air Personality will be responsible to the Head of Station among the following :
- The On-Air Personality will gather news via contacts, sources, personal interviews, and wire services, news briefings by the government and its agencies or press releases sent by companies and organizations alike.
- The On-Air Personality will evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas.
- Gather and verify factual information regarding articles through interviews, observation and research.
- Use new media technologies to provide real time updates and news stories to the public.
- Anchor news and radio programs to convey news stories to the public.
- Adhere strictly to rules and procedures as set by the management of AR Media.
- Meet crucial deadlines in order to provide news stories in a timely fashion.
- Assist with the voice over and production of paid, and non-paid spots required to run on the station
- Maintain a positive and approachable attitude when around listeners and clients
- The On-Air Personality will undertake all other duties assigned by the AR media Management and Board of Directors.
We are seeking highly motivated, energetic and passionate individuals, with at least 2 years experience in radio and who possess the following skills:
- Strong on-air presentation skills and ability to engage with the public
- Discretion with confidential information
- Ability to work under pressure
- Social media skills/ presence
- Innovative skills and ability to take initiative
- Excellent communication skill in oral and written form.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward a one-page cover letter and detailed resume (labeled with your full names) with contact of referees as attached PDF documents to
firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5th November 2017 using the job position applied for as subject of the email. Please take note that only successful candidates will be contacted and this position could be filled before the 5th of November 2017.